Since the middle of last year, I have served as the organization director for MassResistance, the international pro-family group that has made the difference for the last 25 years to stop the LGBT’s ongoing assault against faith, family, and freedom in the United States and all over the world. Our activists have stopped reparative therapy bans in California and Massachusetts. We have exposed and stopped sexually explicit sex-ed curricula in different schools (Missouri, Colorado). We have been promoting the cause of persecuted Canadian Christian activist Bill Whatcott, too.
Now, our teams are fighting this horrid Drag Queen Story Hour travesty. For three years, this sordid program spread with little opposition, but MassResistance has stepped in to stop this, too. In one of our major victories, our Georgia chapter stopped a Drag Queen Story Hour program in Atlanta—one of the most pro-gay cities in the country. Another team shut down a proposed program in Tennessee, and even where we are still fighting to stop these program
This latest, novel, and devious push by the LGBT Agenda should alarm all of us, and thankfully, more people are paying attention and reaching out to us for help. Karen Kataline’s article gave me a lot of hope – and she has been fighting the MassResistance fight in Colorado to stop this sordid entertainment!
Sordid History for Children?
Drag entertainment—homosexual men dressing up as women in garish clothing with excessive make-up—has quite a sordid history. Starting in 1870, when the term first appeared, drag queens were not female impersonators and they never intended to be. Strangely enough, drag entertainment began with minstrel shows, with white men dressed up in blackface.
Drag queen entertainment has a racist past!
In the early 1900’s, Drag Queen entertainment became a predominantly homosexual affair, often connected with dark nights, secret cabaret clubs, and police raids. In places like San Francisco, dressing and performing drag was accepted and embrace (no surprise there). Drag entertainment and political activism merged in the last 1960’s with “Empress” Jose Julio Sarria’s bid for San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
Fast-forward to 2015, Drag Queen Story Hour has emerged in local libraries, the latest attempt by LGBT Activists to normalize sexual dysfunction on children and our society as a whole.
Their main website does not hide their goals:
Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) is just what it sounds like—drag queens reading stories to children in libraries, schools, and bookstores.
Three of their promotional goals include:
“Gender fluidity”, that male and female are not fixed realities. Why not start teaching that 2 + 2 = 5 and call it “numeral fluidity”?
“Unabashedly queer role models …” How about introducing the children to notorious pedophile Harvet Milk or disgraced Congressman Gerry Studds, who was sleeping with pages in the House of Representatives? Why not invite the notorious Bryan Singer, too?
“Defy rigid gender restrictions.” Indeed, gender as an attribute of biological sex is rigid, unmoving, just like truth itself. That unyielding constancy provides the kind of peace and safety which children need, which has made life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness possible. Teaching kids to reject reality and embrace “their own truth” is a recipe for disaster.
Drag Queen Story Hour: A Clever Scam
So far, cities and counties find themselves powerless to stop the programs. Drag Queen proponents have argued that their fight is about the First Amendment, free expression, and literacy. Who is going to oppose that?
But let’s focus on the perverse consequences of Drag Queen Story Hour:
- The program distorts children’s capacity to recognize that men and women.
- The proponents of these programs want to crystalize acceptance for this idea of “gender fluidity”, as though there are different degree of male, female, non-binary etc. These are harmful ideas which distort an individual’s sense of self.
- This program is targeting children for sexual abuse. This drag queen performer admitted as much when he declared: “We are grooming the next generation.” Grooming indicates pedophilia, and this Freudian slip has not slipped by outraged parents and pro-family groups.
DQSH activists have pushed a number of talking points to defend this indefensible nonsense. Here are the most frequent arguments—and how to refute them!
- “Parents should have a right to do what they want with their children. If parents object to the program, then they don’t have to take their children.” ANSWER: Parental rights do not have an absolute right to harm their children. Parents do not have a right to subject their children to abuse, incest, or pornography, for example.
- “It’s about acceptance and tolerance.” ANSWER: No, it’s about indoctrinating children to believe a lie, and to discourage children from engaging in honest, moral discrimination, like the differences between male and female.
- “Kids do not go to Drag Queen Story Hour and come out as drag queens.” ANSWER: Really? The Toledo Blade reported about a new 9-year-old drag kid performing in gay bars. In this segment, witness “drag kid” Desmond Naples dancing in a New York city gay bar as homosexual men throw money at him. In another idea, this drag queen actually encourages children to become drag queens.
- “This is about letting kids be themselves”. ANSWER: This is child abuse. Besides, drag queens explicitly choose to dress up as someone else. How exactly is a man wearing a dress and calling himself another name an example of “being oneself”?
- “It’s about freedom of speech. It’s about self-expression!” ANSWER: This is about indoctrination and child abuse. Liberty is not a license to harm children, and even the most dedicated libertarians recognize that with children, restrictions must apply.
MassResistance is here to ensure that this program dies out. Again, let’s not delude ourselves. Drag Queen Story Hour is about normalizing sexual deviance, homosexuality, transgenderism, and ultimately pedophilia. We will keep readers informed about our successful efforts to expose and ultimately end this latest iteration of the LGBT agenda.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.