Michael Cohen, the president’s ex-lawyer, was sentenced to 3 years in prison for, among other offenses, tax evasion and lying to Congress.
Why should it be a crime to lie to Congress when Congress lies to us practically every time it’s in session?
Democrats and weaselly Republicans assure us that:
- The National Debt — $21.8 trillion and growing at the rate of $1 million a minute – is irrelevant. But man-made global warming is a reality.
- The NRA is a terrorist group, but Islam is a religion of peace.
- Abortion is a human right and Planned Parenthood (“Get your fetal body parts here!”) is a charitable organization deserving of public support.
- It’s vile discrimination and bigotry not to acknowledge the fantasy world of a man who thinks he’s a woman.
- We don’t need a border wall to keep out murderers, rapists, gang members, terrorists and drugs. Congressmen have locks on the doors of their houses – and, in some cases, sturdy walls around their property — but think our borders should be wide open.
- Trump should be impeached for Democrats’ fantasies about Russian collusion, but then-President Bill Clinton (who admitted to committing perjury) was a martyr.
How can you tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving.
EDITOR’S NOTE – If a person lies to law enforcement, it can be considered to be a crime.
If an employee lies to their employer, it often results in immediate termination of their job.
When one spouse lies to the other, it often ends in a bitter divorce.
If a person lies in court, it’s considered perjury and often results in jail time.
If a child regularly lies to his or her parents, they lose all trust from the parents and vice versa when a parent lies to their child.
- Lyndon Johnson lied when he promised to get US troops out of Vietnam.
- Bill Clinton lied when he said he did not have relations with ‘that’ woman.
- Barack Obama continues to lie about his birthplace and background, at least according to some.
- Obama lied to the American people when he promised that his healthcare plan would lower costs and improve medical coverage.
- Obama lied when he promised black Americans he would improve their lives.
- Hillary Clinton lied when she first explained what the reason for the Benghazi attack.
- Hillary Clinton lied to the face of the parents whose sons died at Benghazi, telling them she would personally keep them appraised of what happened, only for them to not hear from her for over a year.
- Hillary Clinton lied about her emails.
- The Republican Congress lied when they promised to repeal Obamacare.
- Congress lied several times when they promised to balance the federal budget.
There is a clear double standard in America and has been for many years. It seems that any and all politicians can openly lie about whatever they want but no one is allowed to lie to them about anything, regardless of the circumstances.
That is what happens after over 200 years of corruption, greed and abuse of the principles America was founded upon.
“A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies.” Proverbs 14:5.
“How long, you people, shall my honor suffer shame? How long will you love vain words, and seek after lies?” Psalm 4:2.
“The boastful will not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers. You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful.” Psalm 5:5-6.
“Help, O Lord, for there is no longer anyone who is godly; the faithful have disappeared from humankind. They utter lies to each other; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak. May the Lord cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that makes great boasts, those who say, ‘With our tongues we will prevail; our lips are our own—who is our master’?” Psalm 12:1-4.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.