“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” – Revelation 3:16
The orthodox Christian has grown excessively weary of the activist agendas of liberal Christians who turn the gospel and biblical truth upside down while promoting secular progressive agendas that undermine the Constitution and a country founded on traditional, Judeo-Christian principles.
Liberal Christians are highly complicit in a far-left agenda to vilify Christianity and destroy America.
Here’s how they plan to do so:
1. They ignore the correlation between moral decay and the expansion of social programs.
2. They champion amnesty for illegal aliens without offering proper justification.
3. They promote homosexuality on “pseudo-scientific” grounds (while ignoring mankind’s fallen sin nature and total depravity) and advocate marriage be a “one size fits all” institution without considering long-term ramifications or God’s natural order.
4. They engage in wealth envy, class warfare, and the promotion of stealing, coveting, lying, and bullying to advance their vision of a “just” society with calls for economic retribution and equal results, despite these realities:
- The poor are already taken care of in America.
- Entitlements are economically unsustainable.
- We are stealing from our children and grandchildren to ensure continuance and expansion of these entitlements.
- The neediest (elderly, disabled) will have more competition for state and federal dollars, a consequence of widespread increases in government dependency.
- Fiscal responsibility (even with tax increases on the wealthy) is no longer politically expedient.
- The middle class continues to face higher taxes and consumer cost increases on food, housing, energy, etc.
5. They excuse abortion and foster the perception that Christian conservatives are unified in support of war declarations and harsh interrogations.
6. They ignore the threat of Radical Islam (and the sinisterly subtle ‘civilization jihad’ movement) and don’t call it out as a political-social power grab that will lie and use force as needed.
7. They fail to acknowledge that much of evolutionary science is based on false presuppositions, but rather demean the knowledgeable, educated Christian who has considered the research with a critical eye.
8. They use today’s culture and media to mock, discredit, and ridicule biblical Christianity grounded in God’s everlasting truth.
9. They blur the realities of sin by accusing traditional Christianity of sexism, racism, and ignorance.
10. They have their own ax to grind, which usually has more to do with a hostile aversion to Judeo-Christian principles (with our emphasis on charity, morality, and personal responsibility).
Honorable Mention: They are obsessed with gun control and ignore the studies that demonstrate how armed citizens are infinitely safer and better protected. Why punish the responsible citizens who solely and primarily seek to protect their family from evil? If the civil authorities hate God (and continue to manipulate the narrative to have their way), it is the faithful Christian who will be most vulnerable if and when the Second Amendment is upended.
Liberal Christianity is guilty of promoting a humanistic, man-centered approach to faith that undermines and denounces God’s immutable attributes and decrees. They are willing to compromise the gospel in an effort to gain the acceptance and big money support of the secular progressive elite establishment. They have adopted the damning tolerance of the PC-moral relativist movement while helping to advance a smear campaign against Christian conservatives who hold to principles and traditions grounded in biblical truth.
The liberal preacher of our day has exchanged the truth for global social acceptance. They are endorsing a form of culture-embracing inclusivity that minimizes Christ’s sacrificial atonement and diminishes God’s glory.
They are promoting and embracing universalism and postmodernism, while at the same time rejecting the foundational tenets of Christianity. Rather than prepare the world for a joyful coming of the kingdom, they ensure that God’s wrath will shorten the days for the sake of the faithful servants of God.
Defenders of orthodoxy have a spiritual and moral obligation to expose those who seek to reshape, reform, or simply recommend a false presentation of Christianity. I am in no way trying to imply that there is such a thing as the perfect Christian. We are sinners saved by grace. We are flawed human beings prone to failures, doubts, and a faith that waivers. What do we have that we did not receive?
But we should not remain passive and complacent as Christianity is repeatedly misrepresented. We must stand and be counted. Every single one of us must examine ourselves and consider for whom we stand. We are either for Jesus or against Him; there is no middle ground.
The religious humanists of our day are denying Christ before men. But unlike Peter, they continue to do so without remorse.
America is no ‘Christian nation’ (as if such a thing could ever exist this side of Heaven), nor is it ‘exceptional’ by birthright; but if the only thing that has ever made it truly great is eradicated, then it will be to the great pain and suffering of all of its inhabitants. The religious deceivers will be held in greater condemnation. They will proceed in their attempts to use Christianity (a perversion thereof) to further eradicate Christianity… and this is why their offense is so great.
Orthodox, Bible-believing Christians may be overzealous; but may we never be faithless.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.