Here are my election predictions:
- Republicans will gain 1 or 2 seats in the Senate.
- Democrats will gain narrow control of the House. Not more than a 10-seat majority.
- The media (aka Democrats with microphones and keyboards) will immediately declare a Blue Wave swept over America.
- Democrats will immediately begin suicidal attacks on each other, the establishment left claiming their views prevailed while the anti-establishment even-farther-left crazies claiming their views prevailed.
- Consequently, Democrats will achieve zero legislative victories in the next 2 years, unless they join with Republicans to provide middle class tax cuts.
- Trump will claim victory, regardless of whether #s 1-5 are true or false.
- Beto will insist his loss in Texas was a moral victory, saying in essence, “Wait’ll next election and then we’ll show ‘em.”
- Cruz will thank God for victory.
- Hillary will insist the election proves that she must run again for president, also regardless of whether #s 1-5 are true or false.
- Democratic Socialist congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will repeatedly misstate what happened Tuesday night until people tire of correcting her.
- Congress will experience 2 years of gridlock, which is just fine with yours truly since we already have about a million too many laws on the books already.
- Because the Senate will be in Republican control it will approve 1, 2 or 3 new Supreme Court justices to the right of Kavanaugh, depending on how many old leftists on the court drop dead before November, 2020.
- Trump will not be impeached, but many Democrats will make enemies of many other Democrats arguing about whether to do it.
- Upwards of 1 million babies in the womb will continue to be slaughtered annually under the excuse that a woman’s faux “right” to abortion supersedes a child’s actual right to life.
- Invoking an alleged ballot box mandate, another letter of the alphabet will be added to LBGTQ, and what it stands for is anybody’s guess, and irrelevant because the next day it will stand for something entirely different.
- And, God will remain in control as we survey the wreckage and try to understand whether He already has turned us over to our perverse lusts in judgment. Yours truly’s best guess is Yes, He has.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.