With the help of an ex- staffer of Michelle Obama and a corrupt state’s attorney, Jussie Smollett gamed the system and got off with a wink and a nod for faking a hate crime. Smollett should be the keynote speaker at the 2020 Democratic nominating convention. He’s the perfect symbol for the modern Democratic Party built on racism and fraud.
Smollett’s story of being attacked by racist Trump supporters was credible only in the left’s fantasy world where there’s a kluxer behind every corner, and the Grand Donald is leading a racist resurgence in what formerly was a land of harmony.
Whites nationalists roaming the streets of Chicago (which ain’t exactly Selma in the 1960s) in the dead of night looking for black actors to assault, taunt with a noose and leave shouting “this is MAGA country” strains credulity. With 74% of Cook County voting for Hillary (and Chicago last electing a Republican mayor in 1927), it’s hard to imagine a place that’s less MAGA country.
The media and Democrat politicians swallowed it like a tasty morsel. It was true, in their minds, because they wanted it to be true.
The Democrats’ agenda is all about race:
- Medicare for all – based on the idea that minorities can’t get quality care in the current system.
- Raise taxes on the rich – whites have too high a share of wealth, which should be redistributed based on a racial formula.
- Open borders – most illegal immigrants are non-white, so keeping them out is racist.
- Reparations – based on the concept of racial guilt. Someone who was white owned slaves 154 years ago, so Caucasians today must be plundered to benefit those who share the racial identity of the bondsmen.
- Black Lives Matter – the police are racist vigilantes looking for the opportunity to murder innocent minorities.
- White privilege – a dogma to which Democratic candidates are expected to pledge allegiance hourly – used to explain everything from income disparity to traffic stops.
While Democrats are on a crusade against nonexistent racism, a disproportionate number of black children are killed by abortion or grow up in fatherless families. — the first courtesy of a liberal Supreme Court put in place by the Democrats, the second due to welfare policies of a succession of Democratic presidents, starting with Lyndon Johnson.
With friends like these, who needs white nationalists and MAGA vigilantes.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.