Trying to make sense of America’s most brilliant people makes my head hurt.
I know I’m just a kid born to a 15-year-old mom who barely made it out of community college and all, but here on planet reality much of what these elites assert defies all known forms of common sense and logic.
Since I live out here in the Midwest, where reside simple folk who eat the food we farm and the checkbook has to balance each month, I probably just don’t understand the sophisticated ways of Washington, D.C. Forgive my lack of refinement. Perhaps those in the know can help me with the following 20 excruciatingly easy questions then?
1) Aren’t you essentially arming the very people in Syria you wanted to fight just last year?
2) If John McCain is so sure there are “moderate Muslims” in Syria we can arm to fight ISIS, why did he pose for pictures with ISIS operatives masquerading as “moderate Muslims” in Syria just last year?
3) Exactly when has arming “moderate Muslims” ever worked for us?
4) How did that “moderate” Muslim Brotherhood/Arab Spring initiative turn out? I was keeping up with the Kardashians, so I lost track.
5) Why would our secretary of state show up with a $47 million check of our money for Hamas right at the time they were bombing perhaps our most important ally in Israel?
6) Why would giving millions of illegal aliens amnesty help the economy at a time when the fewest Americans are working since 1978?
7) If Obamacare is so bad, and I agree that it is, how come the Republican-controlled House of Representatives (where the Constitution says all appropriations begin) keep funding it?
8) If it’s called the Affordable Healthcare Act, how come our healthcare is more expensive?
9) If all religions are basically the same, how come Muslims are much better off living here in the “Great Satan” United States than they are living in countries dominated by Islam and sharia law?
10) Why would we fight a war by telling our enemy what we’re not willing to do to defeat them up front and still expect to win?
11) How can it be “pro-woman” to advocate killing women before they’re even born?
12) Why do you believe in discriminating against multiple consenting adults who wish to get married? Why are you imposing your narrow-minded definition of “marriage equality” upon the rest of us?
13) If procreation is no longer a primary reason for marriage, then why not allow siblings to “marry” provided they don’t procreate? For example, suppose 20 years from now I wanted to marry my then-adult son and he wanted to marry me. Obviously a man and a man cannot procreate, so there’s no genetic danger there. Thus, would it be wrong for us to marry? Why or why not?
14) Why is a drunk-driver that kills a pregnant woman and her preborn child guilty of two crimes, but when her preborn child is killed by a Planned Parenthood practitioner no crime has been committed?
15) If you believe government should require a Christian business owner service a homosexual commitment ceremony despite a moral objection, do you also believe government should require a homosexual business owner provide services to the Values Voter Summit as well?
16) If building fences doesn’t keep people off American property, how come so many American property owners have fences? Furthermore, why does the White House have a border fence?
17) If Bob Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney know so much about what it takes for Republicans to win the presidency again, why didn’t they win?
18) If you’re a Darwinist why do you care about manmade global warming? Isn’t that just natural selection at work? As in the planet deciding it’s no longer hospitable to the overall ecosystem for homo sapiens to remain atop the food chain, thus it’s adjusting conditions accordingly to make way for the next species in line?
19) How did this country handle its business for almost 150 years without the IRS and the direct income tax?
20) How come crazed gunmen never try shooting up a gun show?
I’m sure there must be some really obvious and valid answers to these questions. If any members of our ruling class reading this would kindly point me in the right direction to them, I’d be much obliged. Same goes for the low-information-voters sure to chime in via the comments section.
Thanks in advance, and remember to keep doing exactly what you’re currently doing while expecting a different result each and every time.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.