By Audrey Russo – BarbWire guest contributor
If they were your only news source, the Western media and leftist politicos globally would have you believe that those in the “gay” lifestyle, and Muslims, are the most persecuted people on the planet.
Funny thing is this: One of these groups just happens to be persecuted – and even murdered – by the other.
Muslims under Sharia Islamic Law (derived from the Quran and Hadiths) are called to hate and even kill those in the homosexual lifestyle.
Is that news to you? It shouldn’t be.
The Quran (Islam’s “holy” book) clearly states that homosexuality “transgresses the limits” of nature (Sura 7:80-84). The punishment for the inhabitants of Sodom was a storm of dry clay, “We rained upon his people,” which is based on Genesis 18 and 19. Suras 11:82 and 15:74 state that dry clay was rained on Sodom. From these and other Quranic verses, and some Hadith passages (Hadiths are the traditions of Muhammad), Islamic legal scholars have established punishments for sodomy.
And they’re not a slap on the wrist.
According to Shafi (d. 820 AD, Islamic scholar from Mecca, Arabia) himself: “both the criminals involved in sodomy should be killed, whether married or unmarried” (vol. 2, p. 52, note 68). After his death, scholars in the Shafi school (Medieval Age) ratcheted it down to either stoning or flogging (perhaps because too many of their brethren were in flagrante delicto [caught in the act]).
But wait, there’s more.
According to the Shafi law book, Reliance of the Traveler: A Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law (assembled in the Medieval Age, rev. ed., trans. Amana, 1994), says that the punishment of stoning the homosexual MUST be imposed, provided that he or she has reached puberty, is sane, and committed the act voluntarily, “no matter whether the person is a Muslim, a non-Muslim subject of the Islamic State, or someone who has left Islam” (p. 610, o12.1). An additional requirement is whether the person can remain chaste (is in a legal marriage). Therefore, this law book requires the judge to impose death by stoning, as opposed to the Sunni Shafi Law Code, which permits discretionary punishment.
Not enough? There’s more still.
Sayyid A’La Abul Maududi (d. 1979, whose translation is used above), was an Indo-Pakistani who worked arduously to establish a theocracy in Pakistan via the Jamaat-i-Islami Party. He records a variety of opinions that rule, including:
- “The punishment [for sodomy] is the same as for [zina] – one hundred stripes.
- Exile or banishment for the unmarried (some scholars reinterpret banishment as imprisonment).
- Stoning to death for the married” (vol. 2, p. 52, note 68).
- “The culprit should be punished in accordance with the circumstances of the crime with an exemplary punishment” (vol. 2, p, 52, note 68). Exemplary punishment signifies a public display.
But you might ask: “Is this happening today?”
- Iran hangs homosexuals (recall Ahmadinejad stating that Iran has no problem with ‘gays’…that’s because they execute them).
- The Taliban (in Kandahar) is a bit more ‘creative’…in one instance they ordered 3 men convicted of sodomy executed by being buried alive under a pile of stones and a wall was pushed on top of them by a tank.
- The Saudis have executed men found guilty of “committing the extreme obscenity of homosexuality and imitating women” (homosexual-transvestites). These men had also been convicted of molesting boys (pedophilia).
- According to the Yemeni 1994 penal code, married men can be sentenced to death by stoning for homosexual intercourse. Unmarried men face whipping or one year in prison. Women face up to seven years in prison.
I don’t know about you, but concerning Islam’s treatment of “gays,” I’m not feeling the love.
Here’s a little advice for the “LGBT” movement: Why not spend a little less time bullying Christians, who don’t hate you, but, rather, love you enough to tell you the truth about the self-destructive path you’re on, and, instead, turn your efforts toward stopping the totalitarian ideology of Islam. After all, these are the folks who want you dead.
Christians, on the other hand, want you to have Life.
In other words: Target the predator, not the prey.
Shalom through strength.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.