Polls show 44% of Millennials prefer socialism to capitalism (42%). While we’re waiting for them to grow up, here are 5 ways to keep Millennials from voting:
- Get them to start taking selfies on Election Day. That should keep them busy for days if not weeks.
- Convince them that voting contributes to Global Warming.
- Tell them that White Nationalists have staked out polling places and are prepared to deal with anyone under 80 who tries to vote.
- Let them know that they’re giving away soy milkshakes and vegan pizzas in the next state over.
- Inform them that, due to a little-known clause in the Constitution, if there’s less than a 50% turnout, Barack Obama automatically gets a third term.
Editor’s Note :
All joking aside, it seems that a growing number of millennials are voluntarily walking away from the Democratic Party for a number of reasons.
Many were turned off by shameful actions of Democrats on the Senate Judicial Committee during the confirmation hearings of Brett Kavanaugh.
Others are being turned off by the Democratic leadership of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. They believe she is doing more harm to the Party than good are distancing themselves from her.
Some have been turned off by Hillary Clinton’s constant blaming everyone and everything for her 2016 loss to Donald Trump, instead of taking blame like a responsible adult.
Yet, more are being turned off by the Democrats promising to end the tax cuts that have provided jobs for so many of them and which are allowing them to take home more of their hard-earned dollars. They realize that if Democrats regain control, many millennials will lose their jobs and those that do keep jobs will take home less pay.
I’ve heard some millennials say they are leaving the Democratic Party because everything the Democrats are promising will double and even triple many federal taxes.
I’ve heard from other millennials say that they are tired of the constant lies and treasonous activities of top Democrats.
If all of these things are true, there still may be hope when today’s votes are counted.
The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.