After Armed Mexican Troops Cross into Texas and Detain 2 US Soldiers, Pentagon Re-Evaluating Rules of Engagement

US military troops can patrol the southern border, but are limited as to what kind of action they can take, especially where weapons are involved.

However, the Pentagon, at the urging of the White House, is re-evaluating the rules of engagement after an incident earlier this month.

An Army sergeant and a private were in an unmarked vehicle, patrolling near the border in southern Texas.

A band of 6 Mexican armed military troops had crossed the border into Texas and detained the 2 Army personnel for a period of time, forcing the action by the Pentagon to determine what measures our troops are allowed to take while still inside the United States.

Trending: Pelosi Tells Another Whopper

The National Sentinel – Pentagon examining military rules of engagement after U.S. troops disarmed by Mexican army in Texas – As we anticipated would happen, the Pentagon — no doubt at the behest of the White House — is reevaluating the rules of engagement for U.S. troops deployed along the southwest border after two soldiers were surrounded and disarmed by a small, armed Mexican force north of the international boundary in Texas earlier this month.

As we reported earlier this week, in an incident that had troubling international implications, especially given the tension among Americans regarding illegal immigration, officials with U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM) said on Saturday that a squad of armed Mexican troops detained U.S. soldiers for a brief period earlier this month…in Texas.

NORTHCOM told CNN the incident happened in the afternoon on April 13; the U.S. personnel were conducting routine surveillance, according to the command.

“On April 13, 2019, at approximately 2 p.m. CDT, five to six Mexican military personnel questioned two U.S. Army soldiers who were conducting border support operations…

If there was a border wall, that incident would not have happened, but there wasn’t a wall and it did happen.

If I were Trump, I would be demanding some kind of apology and restitution from the Mexican government.

Since this is not the first time Mexican troops have crossed the border in recent years, I would warn Mexico that if it happens again, that the US will be forced to consider it an act of aggression and will respond accordingly.

READ MORE HERE

 

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Barb Wire.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.