The Top 10 Child Corruption Trends of 2017
As we look back on 2017, how did our children fare?
Unfortunately, the risk to America’s youth of deliberate corruption is escalating and along with that, the responsibility of parents and public officials to change this picture.
I am not trying to overly sensationalize what’s happening. The facts alone do that. My goal is motivation with prayer points and action steps. Folks, prayer alone is not enough. We must get involved, confront this evil and make it go away.
Here are my “Top 10 child corruption trends” during last year, and I’m hoping they do not continue:
10. The mainstream media continue to aggressively sell America on the bizarre and deviant as positive options for kids. The New York Times published a radically irresponsible story, “His eye makeup is better than yours,” about a 10-year-old boy and his Instagram make-up following. Do you want to vomit yet? I do.
I wrote recently about the flood of media feature stories – “fake news” – highlighting gender-confused kids, a chorus of support for delusional behavior.
And of course, let’s not forget about Teen Vogue and its insane article about how to safely engage in anal sex.
9. Corrupting children in public must be a big turn-on for sexual anarchists. This year, the latest assaults on decency were the “drag-queen story hours” at public libraries, where men costumed in female attire read books to innocent children, with pandering parents as onlookers.
In Austin, Texas, an International Drag Festival, an “all-ages event,” featured an 11-year-old boy dressed as a girl dancing before other children and cheering transvestites, some of whom also took the stage for obscene performances. This occurred at a Holiday Inn.
8. Movies and TV for children pushed more “LGBT” depravity in their faces than ever before. Disney topped the list of offending producers. Their remake of “Beauty and the Beast” cast one of the males as a homosexual character.
TV shows that introduced obscenity and/or homosexual themes to children included Netflix’s “Big Mouth,” and Disney’s “Doc McStuffins,””Andi Mack” and “Star vs. the Forces of Evil.” Does anyone still doubt Disney’s agenda? It is also a major donor to GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network.
7. Some schools allow children to express sexual and gender-defiant identities they conceal from parents. A New Jersey bill passed that guaranteed “confidentiality” for kids engaging in “trans” behavior, because, as we all know, parents are the enemy, right? Similar school policies exist in Maine, Maryland, Hawaii and elsewhere.
6. Hollywood rushed to give awards to a movie featuring the “romance” of a teen boy being seduced by an adult man (“Call Me by Your Name“) while accusations pile up of alleged abuse of boy actors by powerful Tinseltown males. Former child actor Corey Feldman’s long-time allegations are finally getting a hearing.
5. Continued promotion in schools of homosexual and “transgender” behavior by GLSEN and the Human Rights Campaign, backed up by the NEA and ACLU, tragically misleads thousands of American youth every year. GLSEN’s propaganda events like the April “Day of Silence” and fall “Ally Week” can hardly be taken seriously anymore. There is no “silence” with this obnoxiously loud agenda. With financial allies like Target, Wells Fargo, Walt Disney Co. and JP Morgan Chase, GLSEN and its child-endangering network are hardly disadvantaged.
4. Radical pro-abortion forces have teamed up with homosexual activist groups to push for more-explicit-than-ever “comprehensive sex education” curricula in schools, where seventh graders are told that vaginal, anal and oral sex are equally valid sex practices, all normal for teens and manageable with condoms (which are demonstrated on plastic models). The sound alternative of authentic abstinence education is dismissed and mocked.
With parents revolting in many schools, there is hope. But much more needs to be done. While they may look professional on the outside, some of the most objectionable curricula are “Rights, Respect, Responsibility,” “Get Real,” “Making Proud Choices,” “Be Proud! Be Responsible,” “F.L.A.S.H.”, “Reducing the Risk” and “Teen Talk.”
3. The sharp rise in child pornography is a huge threat to America’s children. Too many vulnerable children are violated and videotaped for the voyeuristic pleasure of evil adults. There’s big money in the child rape trade, and organized crime is making this “product” a priority. More and more influential educators, professors, police, federal officials, judges and lawyers are being arrested and charged. Could anything be more heartbreaking?
2. Those who have charge over children are sometimes deliberately directing them away from Christian faith. And brave Christian voices are bullied into silence, like teacher Michael Stack in San Luis Obispo, California, who resigned after his letter to the school newspaper was greeted with outrage from the homosexual community – and a death threat. The letter included passages from Romans 1 about homosexuality, mischaracterized as advocating “death to homosexuals.”
Too often, Christian students and teachers cannot stand up against homosexual propaganda without being persecuted at school in clear violation of First Amendment freedoms. Few will resist educators, administrators and school-board members firmly entrenched in their anti-morality, anti-Christian positions.
God help us all. But He will help us when we start organizing to take our schools back.
1. While the chance to believe in Jesus Christ is the most important opportunity we can offer a child, those who are not allowed to be born in the first place never have that chance. Abortion of the unborn continues to be the biggest preventable threat to children in the U.S., yet is still supported up until birth by many progressives and Democratic Party politicians.
We must do everything possible to stop abortion and save babies in the womb. That starts with supporting women in crisis pregnancies and working to enact pro-life policies.
It also means reaching the hearts of our children. From their earliest ages, we must teach them that abortion is a great evil.
And when abortion ends, child corruption in America might end as well.
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.