The Trump Effect On Illegal Immigration Is Real
One of Donald Trump’s biggest campaign promises was his commitment to dealing with the growing problem of illegal immigration. And since he took office there has been significant and measurable improvement; so much so that trying to illegally cross over into America via the southern border has never been more difficult. Here is a brief look at the progress he’s made.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement reports that illegal immigration is down 24% from the same time last year.
- Upon taking office Trump ordered the hiring of 10,000 new ICE agents and 5,000 more Border Patrol agents.
- The Department of Homeland Security reports that illegal entry into the U.S. is at the lowest level since at least 2000 if not the early 1970s.
- The apprehension rate of illegals caught crossing the border today (55% to 85%) has increased significantly from just 10 years ago (35% to 70%).
- The House of Representatives recently passed the Criminal Alien Removal Act. This will give law enforcement tools and resources to specifically move more effectively against criminal gangs, such as MS-13. It will also prevent gang members from gaining eligibility for asylum as well as other immigration benefits.
- Trump has reversed Barack Obama’s “catch and release” policy, which had allowed individuals awaiting court proceedings to be paroled from detention before their court hearing. He also recently suspended Obama’s illegally implemented DACA program, sending it to Congress — from which laws are supposed to be created.Getting tough on illegal immigration may be Trump’s most impressive accomplishment thus far.
First published at The Patriot Post
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.