Obama’s Seven Deadly Clichés To Obscure the Nature of the War on Terrorism
On June 12, an intruder who was armed and Muslim attacked an Orlando night club, killing 49 and wounding 53. The body count may rise, the targets vary (a Christmas party, a military base, a marathon, a bar) but the administration never departs from its script.
Orlando fit the template: An immigrant or the child of immigrants from jihadistan (Pakistan, Afghanistan, the West Bank), who prayed at a radical mosque, visited Islamist websites, became increasingly bitter and often expressed his hatred for Americans, strikes. And the establishment pretends not to notice the pattern.
The number of terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad has proliferated under Obama.
Instead of fighting terrorism, the president has focused on fighting those who see Islam as a threat. The FBI has been neutered, law enforcement agencies given sensitivity training, and terrorist incidents used to push one of the left’s favorite panaceas – more gun control.
If the White House had a manual on how to rationalize the slaughter (a playbook for responding to a worldwide crisis with platitudes), it would include these talking points:
1. The motivation has yet to be determined – On the heels of the most devastating terrorist incident since 9/11, Mr. Obama told us it was still too early “to know the precise motivations of the killer.”
The president is on autopilot. At a 2009 memorial service for the Ft. Hood victims, he called the rampage “incomprehensible.”
Major Nidal Malik Hasan, who killed 13 soldiers at the Texas Army base, shouted “Allah is great” as he pumped round after round into his victims. He prayed at a radical mosque, corresponded with a rabid imam in Yemen (later killed in a drone-strike), blamed the United States for fighting in the Middle East, and had business cards that identified him as a “Soldier of Allah.” Even Inspector Clouseau could figure this one out.
Omar Mateen, the Orlando killer, was another angry Islamist (The New York Times said co-workers described him as “always agitated, always mad,” as opposed to all of the Muslim bon vivants), who often expressed hatred for America, visited jihadist websites, called the police during the siege of the Pulse nightclub to pledge his allegiance to ISIS, and praised the Boston Marathon bombers. The attack happened during the merry month of Ramadan, when an ISIS spokesman called on Muslims to make “a month of calamity everywhere for non-believers.” How does it get any more precise?
For the ideologue in the Oval Office, the only smoking gun is an AR-15.
2. Don’t point fingers – When a loon posed with a confederate battle flag before killing nine people at a black church in North Carolina, the left had no difficulty pointing a finger at white racism, leading to the removal of the Stars and Bars from public spaces throughout the south.
When a neighborhood watch volunteer shot and killed hoodie hoodlum Trayvon Martin, the president knew exactly what was going on. After the acquittal of George Zimmerman, Obama delivered one of his homilies on “racial profiling” and the sins of “typical white persons.”
President Bill Clinton blamed conservative talk radio for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
Following the Pulse attack, an ACLU lawyer blamed the tragedy on the “anti-queer climate” created by Christian homophobes. Understand, imams shouting “Homosexuals must die” (as one did in Orlando in April) and their public execution in Iran and Afghanistan had nothing to do with Mateen’s rampage, which was fueled by opposition to marriage deconstruction and “transgendered” rest rooms.
The workings of the liberal mind are truly a wonder to behold.
3. Don’t single out an entire religious community – After Orlando, Obama warned us against anything that “suggests entire religious communities are complicit in violence.” “Are we going to start treating Muslim-Americans differently?” the president whined.
What do Nidal Malik Hasan, Tamerlan and Dzhokar Tsarnaev (the Boston Marathon bombers), Syed Farook and his lovely bride Tashfeen Malik (who killed 14 at a Christmas party in San Bernardino last December) and Omar Mateen have in common – passion for stamp collecting, being known as connoisseurs of fine wine? All are/were immigrants or the children of immigrants from jihadistan, who were serious Muslims committed to holy war.
Muslim-Americans should be treated like the members of any religious community whose faith teaches that killing unbelievers is a ticket to heaven, that regularly produces mass murderers, whose houses of worship host hate fests and whose communal organizations urge them not to cooperate with authorities in terror investigations.
4. “Avoid dangerous mindsets reminiscent of the darkest, most shameful periods in American history” – Recognizing the reality of Muslim terrorism, and working to combat it, is equated with the KKK, Wounded Knee, segregated lunch counters and the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II.
Obama believes American history is a chronicle of bloodshed and brutal oppression, so he sees resistance to admitting refugees from savage lands who can’t be screened as the equivalent of lynch mobs and the Trail of Tears.
5. It was a lone wolf attack – We’re supposed to take comfort from the fact that Mateen wasn’t part of a terrorist cell and didn’t take orders directly from ISIS GHQ.
With the Internet and social media, agents can be recruited and trained in the privacy of their homes. ISIS tells them they don’t have to come to Syria for training. Better to stay where they are, pick a target and strike. “Resist with all means, kill them, slaughter them, burn their cars and homes… if you see a police officer – kill him. Kill them all. Kill all infidels that you see in the streets,” ISIS commands its followers.
6. Blame easy access to weapons – It came as a shock that Obama put the blame for Orlando on access to “very powerful weapons very quickly.” “That’s a problem regardless of their (mass murderers’) motivations,” he insisted.
Like the rest of the left’s agenda, facts are irrelevant here. That it’s almost impossible to legally own guns in Europe didn’t stop attacks in Paris and Brussels. Mateen was a licensed security guard with a firm that contracted with DHS, who passed several background checks. The left’s war on guns is a diversionary tactic to shift the focus away from its refusal to confront the reality of terrorism.
7. What would labeling accomplish? – “What exactly would using this label(radical Islamic terrorists) accomplish? What exactly would it change?” the president plaintively asks.
You can’t counter a menace you’re unwilling to name. The term “Radical Islamic terrorism,” correctly suggests that there’s a problem with Islam – that it can be the motivation for indiscriminate slaughter. And that the president and those who share his mindset can never admit. It would be the first step on the road to recovery for the hopelessly delusional.
We’ve heard all of these clichés for eight years. It’s no longer the fire next door, but the blazing inferno in our backyard. If two terms of the anti-American, race-obsessed Islamophile in the White House are followed by eight years of his corrupt fembot clone, we might as well lay down our arms and let the caliphate march in.
First published at GrasstopsUSA.org
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.