Belgian Prosecutors Arrest New Suspect in Brussels Attack
Belgian prosecutors issued an arrest warrant for a new suspect in Tuesday’s terror attack in Brussels.
The federal prosecutor’s office said on Saturday that an arrest warrant has been issued for a man only identified as Faycal C.
Their statement said he is wanted for “involvement in a terrorist group, terrorist killings and attempted terrorist killings.”
Belgian media are reporting that a man called Faycal Cheffou has been identified as the man suspected of fleeing Brussels airport after two alleged accomplices blew themselves up there.
A police raid was conducted at his home. No arms or explosives were found, prosecutors said.
Authorities believe both the Brussels attacks and the Nov. 13 bombings in Paris that killed 130 people were plotted from Belgium.
Meanwhile, Brussels airport officials say flights won’t resume before Tuesday as they assess the damage caused by twin explosions in the terminal earlier this week.
Authorities have wrapped up their investigation of the crime scene at the airport, and will allow engineers into the building to check its structural safety and information technology systems – and whether any damage can be repaired quickly.
The Brussels Airport Company said Saturday it is “currently studying a temporary solution to partially resume passenger flights, taking into account the new security measures” decided by the federal government.
Brussels Airport handles 23.5 million passengers annually. It links Brussels with 226 destinations worldwide and is served by 77 different airlines.
Report via CBN News
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.