Were Joseph and Mary Palestinians?
This is a Christmas card by British street artist On Banksy. It pictures Joseph and Miriam (Mary) trying to get to Bethlehem, but they are stopped by the evil Israeli WALL OF SEPARATION!!! This is wrong on so many levels.
1. Joseph and Miriam were JEWS! Not Palestinians.
2. It is true that they would not be able to get to Bethlehem today, but that is because Israeli Jews are forbidden from entering P.A. controlled Bethlehem.
3. The Christian population in Bethlehem in 1950 was 80%, now it is 15%, and the rest are Muslim. Banksy and his ilk have nothing to say about Muslims driving out Christians.
4. If Joseph and Miriam were Palestinian Christian, Israel would not be their concern but ISIS, who would not build a fence, but behead Joseph and make Miriam a slave (I think you know which kind).
5. The picture of the wall is a LIE! The Security Fence, as we call it, is 96% mesh fence and only 4% wall—just in areas where terrorists were shooting motorists from their rooftops. However nearly every photo of the Fence is of a Wall.
6. The Security Fence has saved hundreds, maybe thousands of lives. Suicide Bombing immediately went down 90% and we have not had a successful bombing in some time. I am truly sorry that it has caused some inconvenience to Palestinians. Our other option was to continue to allow them to blow up buses, restaurants, etc.
7. The only reason Israel controls any of these areas is because of relentless attacks from the Arab nations (Syria, Egypt and Jordan) that ruled these lands. And when these nations controlled “Palestinian lands” there was no cry for an independent Palestinian country. Only after Israel responded and captured the lands from her belligerent neighbors.
First published at MessiahsMandate.org
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.