The Extreme Views of Senator Ted Cruz
I expect to hear it from socialist college professors and Che Guevara T-shirt wearing coffee house loiterers. But to hear it from conservatives with actual jobs is a painful reminder of the ease with which the media have convinced Americans to shut off their minds and allow pundits to do the thinking for them. “I’m worried that Ted Cruz is too extreme.”
During the night, someone did a job on the word “extreme.” It ain’t what it used to be. We learned this week that the official position of Obama’s Department of Education is that men should be able to infiltrate your daughters’ shower facilities in high school gymnasiums if only they claim to feel like women. How ext. . . extr. . . extraordinarily enlightened! Who is extreme? Ted Cruz is extreme because he fought to keep the phrase “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance. Do you know someone who has fallen for it?
When someone parrots the claim that Ted Cruz’s beliefs are too extreme, be assured that before you stands a person who hasn’t given three minutes of thought to the subject. Let’s consider a few of these “extreme” views.
- Senator Cruz is so extreme that he refuses to shrug off our $1,000,000 per minute accumulation of new debt. He has spoken out against wasteful, lavish federal spending and has condemned the practice of financially enslaving our children and grandchildren with trillions of dollars of debt to which they–being either too young or too nonexistent–could not consent. Since when did objecting to spending 140% of your income become extreme
- Cruz believes that five robed rogues ought not be permitted to overturn a definition of marriage that has been in operation since the dawn of human civilization, across every culture, and on every continent on earth. Is wishing to restore the will of the people extreme? Or are the judges the real extremists?
- Cruz believes it is evil to grab hold of a living and fully-developed baby, extract her body from the womb while leaving her head inside her mother, puncturing her skull, sucking out her brains, crushing the skull, and tossing her in the garbage disposal. He even went so far as to convince the Supreme Court to uphold a ban on this practice. He believes human life is worthy of protection. Scary extreme!
- He has condemned the Obama administration’s practice of sending billions of our dollars to enemy countries that foam at the mouth and chant, “Death to America!” Where are you on that one?
- Similarly, Cruz has openly stated that we need to produce our own energy, thus supplying jobs to Americans while simultaneously reducing our dependence on countries that hate us.
- Cruz states that business owners should be able to run their companies without the federal government putting unnecessary obstacles in their paths. When did freedom become extreme?
- Senator Cruz has repeatedly offered that since we have a Constitution, we ought to abide by it. He doesn’t believe presidents who swear to uphold the Constitution should be above the law, granting exemptions to the laws they pass, circumventing the legislative branch, and imposing their personal whims on 330 million people. We’re supposed to think there’s nothing extreme about the one who urinates on the Constitution. Save that label for the one who objects.
- When proven terrorists threaten to invade our soil and murder us, Senator Cruz thinks that our refusal to seal our borders is a policy that should be reconsidered. He’s just like those extreme people who live in rough neighborhoods and lock their doors at night.
- Cruz publicly called out the Republican leader of the Senate for lying to his colleagues. He, along with Sen. Mike Lee, also took on his own party when GOP senators attempted to trick the American people into thinking they had nothing to do with a debt limit increase. Don’t you just hate extreme integrity and honesty?
Maybe you are saying: “Wait a minute now. Ted Cruz seems to think just like I think.” Guess that makes you an extremist too.
You are left with two options. You can permit the leftist media to do your thinking for you and join with those who label Cruz as an extremist, or you can think for yourself and say, “If Ted Cruz is extreme, it’s exactly the kind of extremism our country needs.”
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.