Charlottesville, Confederate Monuments, Media Bias And Leftwing Hypocrisy
A Guide For The Perpetually Perplexed
1. Charlottesville was manufactured by the left, which knew exactly what would happen when its goons showed up at the White Nationalist rally armed and spoiling for a fight – New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg tweeted live from the rally: “The hard left seemed as hate-filled as the alt-right. I saw club-wielding ‘Antifa’ beating white nationalists being led out of the park” by police. The media calls the leftist mob “protestors.” In Charlottesville, their protest included bats, clubs, rocks, balloons filled with urine and feces and pepper spray.
They weren’t protesting fascism – or maybe they were, since to disagree with them is to be a fascist. Their modus operandi never varies. Of a riot in Portland, Ore. earlier this year, the chief of police said the Antifa used the same tactics – in this case, to provoke cops. In February, they turned Berkeley into a war zone, causing over $100,000 in damages. It’s not about opposition to Nazism and white supremacy. The hatred runs deep and wide, and is about destroying anyone who stands in their way.
2. Acknowledging the evil of Black Lives Matter and Antifa is not – I repeat, not – support for fascism – The media and Democrats have established a false dichotomy. We condemn the evil of the neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. They refuse to admit the evil of the left storm troopers. BLM believes America was built on genocide. They encourage cop-killing. In July 2016, a BLM activist told a CNN reporter that they wanted to “kill all the white babies.” (If they ever came to power, it would make the Reign of Terror look like a Caribbean cruise.) The evil of BLM/Antifa isn’t somehow sanitized by the evil of the Hitler-wannabees.
3. In the 21st century, fascism is as much a threat to America as Little Women of L.A. – The imminent putsch is a scare-tactic created by the establishment left. The Charlottesville “Unite the Right” Rally was supposed to be a national show of strength. A few hundred showed up who were outnumbered 5 or 10 to 1 by the BLM/Antifa mob. The neo-Nazis have the same burning hatred in their hearts as the so-called resisters. What they don’t have is the numbers, media apologists and the support of a major political party. Comparing White Supremacists to the leftist mob is like comparing a popgun to a bunker buster.
4. The Democratic Party is exploiting the crisis to advance its agenda – drive Trump from office and delegitimize all conservatives – The nitwit mayor of Phoenix (a Democrat, of course), asked Trump not to come to his city for a rally, because that would “inflame emotion” while our nation is “trying to heal.” Speaking of not inflaming emotion, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, also a D, said Trump’s campaign rhetoric “handed hatred a megaphone,” which he now “pretends not to hear.” While House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Trump’s “unwillingness to immediately denounce white supremacy” was “in line with the unmistakable conduct of the administration towards (illegal) immigrants, Muslims and communities of color.” So, in order not to inflame emotions, we have to keep the borders open, let Muslim immigrants who are hostile to our way of life flood the country, and reject any policy that Maxine Waters and the NAACP don’t like.
5. The reaction to Charlottesville demonstrates the left’s hyper-hypocrisy – Trump first denounced extremism on both sides. Then, he told Americans we must reject hatred and bigotry. Why such a weak response, the left whines?
After the Ft. Hood massacre by a jihadist shrieking “Allahu Akbar,” then President Obama said we mustn’t rush to judgment. After the cold-blooded murders of five Dallas cops, he said it was “very hard to untangle the motives” of the killer – unless you went to his Facebook page, where he displayed a Black Power poster and said he “liked” three black separatist hate groups.
In his eight years in office, Obama never once used the words “Islamic terrorism,” employing instead such dainty euphemisms as “violent extremism.” After the San Bernardino slayings, after the Pulse Nightclub murder spree, after every major terrorist incident here and abroad, all we heard from Obama was oh-isn’t-it-too-bad, who-can-say-why-these-things-happen, and the muezzin’s call to prayer is “the sweetest sound I ever heard.” Obama’s hypocrisy was aided and abetted by the rest of the Democratic party and mainstream media, which was predictably non-judgmental.
6. Attacks on Confederate statues are an assault on America – When he was running for Virginia governor, Clinton Hackinista Terry McAuliffe called Confederate monuments “parts of our heritage.” Since he doesn’t have to run for reelection, they are now “flashpoints for hatred, division, and violence.”
Of the man McAuliffe’s party wants to lynch posthumously, Franklin Delano Roosevelt said Robert E. Lee was “one of our greatest American gentlemen.” Among the long list of heroes the left won’t let us honor are Columbus, Washington, Andrew Jackson and Theodore Roosevelt.
As the recent defacement of a bust of Lincoln demonstrates, the left has America in its crosshairs. It’s not about racism, or the Lost Cause, or slavery. The left hates America and seeks to rewrite our history and smear American heroes.
7. Charlottesville and similar riots are another chapter of the revolutionary war on police – Ever wonder why the sudden upsurge of cop killings? Last Friday, six police officers were shot in Florida and Pennsylvania in separate ambushes. In the first six months of 2017, 57 cops were killed in the line of duty, up 18% over last year’s record total. The often violent post-Ferguson protests against what were called “cop killings,” morphed into riots against against Nazism. (Same cast, different script.) In a recent demonstration, the heroic resistance was chanting “cops and Klansmen together.”
8. Neo-Nazis/White Supremacists and BLM/Antifa are two sides of the same coin – Both play identity politics to the hilt. One believes in white supremacy, the other in non-white supremacy. Both are into scapegoating. Each believes we are in a race war started by the other side. Both are totalitarian and gleefully embrace violence. (Besides the sheer joy of cracking heads, both believe the ensuing chaos will end with its rule.) Both are anti-Semitic. In Charlottesville, white supremacists carried signs warning, “Jews will not replace us.” (I don’t see how I could, without being lobotomized.) Like others on the left, BLM accuses Israel of “apartheid” and “genocide” (read: self-defense in the cause of national survival).
9. The media really outdid themselves this time – The New York Times said the president was “placating white supremacists” by “responding so weakly to neo-Nazi violence.” When run through the media mill, Trump’s “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, violence and bigotry on many sides,” becomes “responding so weakly to neo-Nazi violence.”
The AP said that Trump was “appearing to once again equate the actions of white supremacist groups and those protesting them.” No, he was equating the violence of the Alt-right with the communists, anarchists and black nationalists who protest with clubs, rocks and balloons filled with feces and urine. CNN was reduced to sputtering rage. The president may have low approval ratings, but the public rates the honesty and integrity of journalists below that of trial lawyers.
10. Free Speech doesn’t depend on whether or not you like the content of that speech – The First Amendment was not written to protect popular speech. The left has decided Nazis and white racists don’t have a right to be heard. Well they’re not very nice. But who else? It also believes Trump supporters, patriots, Zionists, Republicans (except for the establishment variety, like McCain and Graham), “homophobes,” Islamophobes, and proponents of border security need to be suppressed. While trying to speak on campus, representatives of the foregoing all have been shouted down, or met with rioting.
I believe it was Huey Long who said if fascism ever comes to America, it will be in the guise of anti-fascism. If he didn’t, he should have.
First published at GrasstopsUSA.com
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.