Eight Spiritual Ways to Respond to ISIS and Radical Islam
Many worldwide are grieving with the people of Manchester who suffered such a tragedy this week at the hands of a Muslim extremist. ISIS claimed responsibility for the bombing. I believe that attacking ISIS militarily is right.
However, I would urge Christians everywhere to also respond to Muslim-related terrorism a completely different way. I am issuing a call to all fellow soldiers in the army of God to build up an arsenal of spiritual weapons and launch a spiritual attack, not against people, but against the spirits and the religious concepts that hold Muslims bound (precious souls for whom Jesus died) and war against the false ideology of Islam by “speaking the truth in love” (Eph. 4:15).
I urge every sincere and compassionate believer to do the following eight things:
1. Reach out to Muslims in your community. Be kind and express the love of Jesus to them. When you see them, try to strike up conversations with them. Ask them to explain to you what their religion believes—that you are curious and really want to understand. Act genuinely interested and concerned. I’ve done it many times in the past and plan to do it more in the future. You might be surprised by the positive response you get. They are humans too and have feelings. One Muslim woman I spoke to recently in a gas station broke down crying, thanking me for showing her kindness. I am familiar with a church in the Bronx that recently conducted a street fair jointly with the Mosque across the street. Their vendors interacted. Their members shopped at each other’s booths. Their children played together. They shared food with each other. It was a wonderful way of building bridges instead of walls.
2. Order THE JESUS FILM on DVD in the primary Muslim languages and carry them with you to give to followers of Islam whenever you meet them. I personally carry the THE JESUS FILM with me everywhere I go, in all the languages of India (to give to Hindus), in all the major Arabic languages (to give to Muslims) and in the languages of Southeast Asia (like Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc). Just go to www.jesusfilm.org and order yours. They give 10% discount to ministries. They have an amazing app to that you can download to your smartphones. Do a search for JESUS FILM MEDIA. On it you can see THE JESUS FILM in hundreds of languages—for free.
3. Order the book JESUS AND MUHAMMAD, authored by Mark Gabriel and published by Charisma House. I have found this to be one of the most powerful books you can give Muslims to influence them toward Christianity. It is written respectfully by a former Muslim who taught in a prestigious Muslim university. Then he had an encounter with Jesus that changed everything. It contrasts the lives, the messages and the characters of Muhammad and Jesus. www.amazon.com
4. Learn what Muslims really believe so you can hold an intelligent conversation with them. You can visit my outreach website, www.thetruelight.net , and discover the primary beliefs of Islam. For instance, did you know the explanation that Muslims give for the origin of the symbol of Islam, the Crescent Moon? Or the five mandatory things that a Muslim is expected to do in order to be saved? Or how does their belief in the Second Coming of Christ differ from ours? We need to know these things. Or you can order my book In Search of the True Light, that compares the beliefs of twenty different religions in seven areas of doctrines from either of my websites: www.shreveministries.org or www.deeperrevelationbooks.org.
5. Watch this phenomenal conversion testimony of a former Muslim and share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
6. Ask God to give you the wisdom and passion to be a soul winner (“He who wins souls is wise” Pr. 11:30). God did promise if we lack wisdom and ask for it, He will give it to us liberally (Ja. 1:5). So few Christians are really passionate about winning the lost. One of the few things that Jesus actually asked us to pray about is that the Father would send laborers into His harvest. The Son of God lamented, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few” (Mt. 9:37).
7. Pray that God will give you influence among Muslims and that He will birth an even greater revival than what is happening presently among Islamic people. If there is a mosque in your community, pray over it and over those who attend. John Wesley declared, “God does nothing except in response to believing prayer.” After you pray, believe and watch God open opportunities.
8. Confess every day before you go out into the world, “I and the rest of the body of Christ are THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!” Jesus has passed this responsibility to us (see Jn. 8:12, Mt. 5:14). Now what are we going to do about it? We must take on the mindset of soldiers, fighting to rescue the perishing, committed to a cause, willing to even risk our lives for the greater good.
A real revival of Muslims finding the LORD and being filled with HIS LOVE will be one of the greatest deterrents to the evil and darkness of radical Islam filling our world.
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.