A Strange Political Place: When Sanity is the New Anarchy
I find myself in a strange political place. One in which I vehemently reject the secular status quo establishment, but scoff at the politically correct progressive push toward a dehumanized socialist society.
Consider the words of K.A. Ellis at Christianity Today:
An Insufficient Resistance
The desire for social change is noble—if tempered by the gospel.
Recently, I was with Christians who live under a Communist regime. They’ve been thrown in prison repeatedly due to their faith, and descriptions of their awful imprisonment are peppered with details of the sweetness of Christ’s presence.
They spoke of the growing spiritual hunger of younger believers as the Communist regime proved unable to deliver on its grand promises of utopian equality. These young people are choosing the narrow road of Christianity rather than the broad road of conformity and compromise. Our friends’ words were studded with the jaggedness of rough-roads-not-yet-made-smooth, and it was difficult not to notice their missing body parts and visible scars—disturbing threads woven into their testimonies’ tapestry.
After decades of watching revolutionary power dynamics, our friends spoke a valuable truth: Revelation is a stronger force than revolution.
If anything those trends are coexisting in a way that allows the 1% to drive action and policy while the other 99% are sold a turd sandwich filled with faux equality. Our political options appear to offer little substantive resistance against the growing cultural tide that promises an extension of larger government, more globalism, and further erosion of traditional values and morality. An arbitrarily defined and radically aligned form of political correctness fuels and typifies this new social order.
Such the agenda pushed by the Human Rights Campaign:
Equality on the Agenda for World Leaders in Davos
HRC was proud to join world leaders in Davos, Switzerland, during the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting last week.
“The LGBTQ community is under attack across the globe, and that’s why it’s incumbent upon all of us to keep pushing forward and strengthen our global movement,” said Chad Griffin, President of HRC, in an article written for the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda.
HRC co-sponsored a breakfast hosted by Accenture which focused on LGBTQ rights. At the breakfast, senior executives from Microsoft and Accenture joined the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al-Hussein and President of Human Rights Watch Ken Roth to address the timely question: Are LGBTQ rights going backwards?
Panelists highlighted the progress we have made, but then urged that we are not yet finished. Though the troubling elections in Western Europe and the U.S. have left the LGBTQ community feeling fearful and uncertain, the panelists emphasized the critical roles that corporations can play in the absence of government support.
My increasingly maligned faith in God undergirds my perspective on current events. Haters, deniers and agenda defiers are deemed they who hold to the perfected and special purpose assigned God’s creation.
The media industrial complex is designed to complement and feed the military industrial complex and the realization of an elite utopian society of men. But if you’re like me, you’re not buying it…
“Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.” – Hebrews 12
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.