Expert George Barna Exposes the Shocking Intersection of Faith and Culture
Faith and Freedom with Liberty Counsel’s Mat Staver, and Barna Group Founder George Barna… An 11-minute weekday radio program discussing hot topics in the area of religious liberty, the sanctity of human life and the family.
George Barna is our special guest today on Faith and Freedom.
Mat Staver: George Barna is Founder of the Barna Group. It’s a market research firm that specializes in religious beliefs and behaviors of Americans and the intersection of faith and culture. And he also has a program called “The American Culture and Faith Institute” that focuses specifically on the intersection of faith and culture. So welcome to Faith and Freedom, George.
George Barna: Great to be with you, Mat!
Mat Staver: You have recently released the results of a survey, a research summary, in February of 2017, and it’s a highlight of The American Culture and Faith Institute Worldview Measurement Project:
HIGHLIGHTS FROM AMERICAN CULTURE & FAITH INSTITUTE’S
WORLDVIEW MEASUREMENT PROJECT
Research Summary from George Barna, February 2017
- Biggest national worldview survey ever conducted, by American Culture & Faith Institute (a division of United in Purpose), in February 2017:
- 1,000 interviews with adults 18+ nationally
- 4,500 interviews with SAGE Cons (Spiritually Active, Governance Engaged Christian Conservatives)
- 500 interviews with theologically conservative Pastors of Protestant churches
- 40 worldview questions: 20 regarding beliefs, 20 regarding behavior
- 3 separate scores created: Biblical Belief Score (BBF), Biblical Behavior Score (BBV), Integrated Disciple Score (IDS)
How the ACFI Worldview Measurement Project differs from other studies:
- Measures both belief and behavior
- Incorporates a much larger number of questions and therefore more data
- Engages three distinct populations in the research: aggregate adult population, SAGE Cons, and theologically conservative Protestant pastors
- Provides three unique scores: Integrated Disciple Score, Biblical Belief Score, Biblical Behavior Score
- Measures biblical worldview without the assumption that someone must have a “perfect” score to possess a biblical worldview
- This is the first survey in this project, establishing a benchmark that will be tracked each year in February
Biblical Belief Score (BBF)
- Nationally, the scores were as follows:
- 10% have strong biblical beliefs (16 or more of the 20 items answered biblically)
- 24% have moderate biblical beliefs (9 to 15 of the 20 items answered biblically)
- 35% have below average biblical beliefs (4 to 8 of the 20 items answered biblically)
- 31% have minimal biblical beliefs (3 or less of the 20 items answered biblically)
Biblical Behavior Score (BBV)
- 18% have strong biblical behavior (16 or more of the 20 items answered biblically)
- 38% have moderate biblical behavior (9 to 15 of the 20 items answered biblically)
- 35% have below average biblical behavior (4 to 8 of the 20 items answered biblically)
- 9% have minimal biblical behavior (3 or less of the 20 items answered biblically)
Integrated Disciple Score (IDS)
- 10% have strong biblical beliefs and behavior (32 or more of the 40 items answered biblically)
- 35% have moderate biblical beliefs and behavior (17 to 31 of the 40 items answered biblically)
- 43% have below average biblical beliefs and behavior (7 to 16 of the 40 items answered biblically)
- 11% have minimal biblical beliefs and behavior (6 or less of the 40 items answered biblically)
See full results HERE
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.