Mainstream Media More Alien than Illegals: The Republic Strikes Back
The headline on a story in The New York Times on Election Day (“Optimism From Hillary Clinton and Darkness From Donald Trump”) was revealing. Throughout the campaign, the left’s media megaphone told us that this was a contest between light and dark: tolerance and bigotry, diversity and racism, fairness and greed, democracy and dictatorship.
They don’t get it. They never will. The Times sees its profits plummet, and it doubles down on unfair and imbalanced.
They are beings from an alternate universe – even more alien than the illegals crossing our southern border. Because they reject the values of us bitter-clingers/deplorables, they can only explain our obstinate refusal to embrace the future they’re herding us toward as fear and loathing.
Conservatives are all about anger, you see. When Prop 13 passed in 1978, they suddenly discovered that the middle class didn’t enjoy paying confiscatory taxes. When Reagan was elected in 1980, they blamed it on middle class angst over a changing America and nostalgia for a past that never was. The media attributed the 54-vote swing to the GOP in the 1994 House election as a psychotic episode driven by angry white men (an expression popularized by reviews of the 1993 Michael Douglas movie “Falling Down”).
Angry? What do we have to be angry about?
• Obamacare drives health insurance premiums through the roof. What’s the problem? Keeping your own doctor and insurance plan (if you liked them) was always hyperbole – a way to get stupid Middle America to buy into regimented health insurance.
• The left gave us abortion on demand. You get to pay for it. You think that’s unfair?
• You can choose to abort your unborn child. But you can’t refuse to participate in a gay “marriage” ceremony.
• You can choose to use drugs, but not to own a gun.
• By presidential fiat, schools everywhere in the United States must allow boys who feel like girls to come into intimate contact with those who really are girls. All hail equality!
• If you started a business – risked your hard-earned assets and worked 60-hour weeks to make it a success – you didn’t build that. You owe your success to America’s illiteracy factories (public schools), far-sighted politicians who invested in the National Debt, and bureaucrats who heaped regulations on your head.
• Our borders are more a suggestion than something to be secured. President Obama says illegal aliens are “undocumented citizens,” who can participate in our elections.
• On most college campuses, PC police work overtime to protect students from encountering ideas that might alarm them. They’re the French Revolution without the guillotine. They cut off careers and free speech instead of heads.
• Men and women in blue who risk their lives to keep us safe are murderous thugs – according to Black Lives Matter, a subsidiary of the Democratic Party – while spoiled millionaire athletes who refuse to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance are celebrated as heroes.
• There isn’t enough money in the federal budget for VA hospitals, but more than enough for Planned Parenthood and green energy subsidies.
• We can bring to the United States tens of thousands of Muslims from Middle Eastern hotbeds of terrorism, but can’t spare the time of day for suffering Christians.
• Every time a Muslim strikes a blow for diversity by murdering innocent Americans, the elites rush to assure us that it has nothing to do with the religion of jihad and call for the construction of more mosques. A ban on Muslim immigration? Are you insane!
• Religious expression in the public sphere is a threat to the First Amendment, unless it’s Islam.
There is no dissent from their agenda. When they win, they don’t want to govern but to rule us. They claim to have a mandate, regardless of the issue (even those they didn’t run on). When we win, it’s because ignorance and apathy triumphed.
When they seized the engines of power half-a-century ago, we went underground, became a guerilla army waiting to return. Nixon was a temporary reemergence. Reagan was too – albeit more successfully. Now, after almost 30 years of Marxism-Clintonism-Obamaism, interspersed with RINO rule, we’re back.
The America of endowed-by-their-Creator, of one-nation-under-God, of with-liberty-and-justice-for-all, of Independence Hall and Cemetery Ridge, of the Argonne and the Bulge, of the Bible and the Constitution, of the free market and the First Amendment, of Nathan Hale and Sergeant York, of Daniel Webster and Davy Crockett, of Remember the Alamo and Remember Pearl Harbor was never vanquished.
Theirs is the America of Woodstock and the Weathermen, of the Million Man March and Black Lives Matter, of Hanoi Jane and Jeremiah Wright, of Michael Moore and Barbra Streisand, of Saul Alinsky and George Soros, of the Iranian kleptocracy and the Clinton Foundation, of tax the rich and save the planet, of “take a knee” and Wounded Knee, of boycott Israel and neo-colonialism, of cynicism and (most of all) a pervasive double standard.
Recall the media hysterics, a few weeks ago, when Trump charged the election was rigged. “Oh, horrors! He refuses to accept the results of the election. He doesn’t believe in democracy,” they whined.
According to the Associated Press, the day after the election, from Boston to Los Angeles, thousands of protestors flooded the streets, “carrying anti-Trump signs, disrupting traffic and declaring that they refused to accept a Trump triumph.”
“Not my president!” they chanted outside Trump Tower in Chicago. The man who overcame incredible odds to become the 45th. President of the United States “will divide the country and stir up hate,” one protestor explained.
Signs proclaimed “Impeach Trump” (they don’t know that you can’t impeach the president-elect) and “USA, no Trump, no KKK.” On the campus of American University in Washington, D.C., they showed their true colors by burning American flags.
My favorite anti-Trump slogan was “The people united will never be defeated.”
If by “the people” they mean arrogant ideologues like Barack Obama, pathological liars like HRC and MSNBC, and student storm troopers – wanna bet?
First published at GrasstopsUSA.com
Top 6 on BarbWire.com
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.