Presidents’ Day Message – 2015
Our Modern-day Tragedy: President Obama Leads a Culture of Lies
A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.
– Pastor James Clarke (1810-1888)
Tens of millions of upstanding Americans are disgusted, yet not surprised by the recent revelation of our President’s lying regarding his stand on same-sex marriage. He deliberately misled hundreds of millions of Americans for years and on multiple occasions by telling us a falsehood regarding what even he described as a “sacred union”.
Without being disrespectful or unpatriotic, we must realize Barack Obama is no different than leaders in Jesus’ day who “loved praise from men rather than praise from God” (Jn.12:43). And if there was anything Jesus loathed and exposed it was dishonesty! As Dr. Michael Brown quoted legendary Bible teacher Charles Spurgeon in his outstanding article “I Will Not Sell My Soul for Success,” “Character is always lost when high ideals are sacrificed on the altar of conformity and popularity.”
David Axelrod, loyal friend and former senior adviser to the President, has revealed Obama’s unconscionable lie in his new book, “Believer: My 40 Years in Politics” (currently excerpted in Time magazine). Let it sink in. The leader of the free world crisscrossed this country and told countless millions of children, young people and adults that he stood for marriage between one man and one woman and opposed homosexual marriage. He deliberately deceived us about his position on the most hallowed institution in human history.
In light of the above, it would do us good to reflect on these words from two of America’s greatest spiritual leaders.
- “In a society which too often places a great premium on cleverness, materialism and greed, our greatest need is moral integrity.”
– Dr. Billy Graham
- “The single most critical issue we must address in life is absolute integrity of heart before God.”
– Dr. Jack Hayford. The Gravity of Lying
Before outlining some disturbing realities, may readers not think that I’m a mean-spirited, critical right-winger out to nail Barack Obama. I pray daily for him and have served for almost 40 years as a board member for a national prayer ministry promoting prayer and fasting for our nation. I monthly participate in national prayer calls to intercede for our president and governing authorities.
Yet being prayerful and respectful does not preclude being discerning as one observes a civil servant’s conduct. When the President of the United States has been dishonest regularly over the years, it is cause for alarm. This is not a time for a wink and a nod approach that minimizes a leader’s behavior by saying, “They’re all a bunch of liars and crooks just doing whatever they have to do to get elected!”
Neither is it a time to ignore the gravity of what’s happening because of the influence of the Oval Office. As we’ll discover, because of our President’s example of repeatedly and brazenly lying over seven years, a culture of lying has emerged in America on his watch and he, as our Commander in Chief and head of the nation’s First Family, will give an account to God for it.
We must address this reality, not excuse it.
Lying is lying! No more compromising by allowing the litany of lame excuses: “It’s okay unless you get caught”… “I misspoke”… “I misremembered” … “I don’t think I said that.”
President Obama, you need a sense of accountability to a Sovereign and Holy God! We love you but call you to repent and pray for the fear of God in your life.
Jesus called Satan “a liar and the father of lies” (Jn.8:44). Is this whom you want to emulate and model for our citizenry? He also said, “Everyone who has been given much, much will be required” (Lk.12:48)
You like I will one day “stand before the judgment seat of Christ” (2 Cor.5:10). “Men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken” (Mt.12:36). Think back to your appearance before Planned Parenthood, America’s number one abortion provider, and how you reassured them of your unflagging support and told them “God bless you!”
Although it may make you uncomfortable, scripture minces no words regarding lying. “All liars – they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death” (Rev.21:8).
Mr. President, read it for yourself in Proverbs 6:16-19 where we are given the “six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him.” Only one is repeated, “a lying tongue…a false witness who pours out lies.”
A Presidential Pattern, Not an Isolated Incident
I believe our President’s lack of integrity has had a corrosive effect on our nation over the long term and damage has been done to our culture in his quest to “transform America.” The influence of Saul Alinsky and his “Rules for Radicals” (a manual dedicated to Lucifer!) has adversely affected Barack Obama and instilled in him certain ungodly principles to accomplish goals no matter what the cost. Rule 12 teaches, “Pick the target… personalize it and polarize it.” Go after people – they hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel but very effective.)
Consider just a few areas where our President and his team have misled us:
- Emphatically stating that ISIS is not Islam
- Repeating over 20 times when promoting Obamacare: “If you want to keep your policy/your doctor – you can!”
- Reporting over and over that the Benghazi disaster came from a spontaneous demonstration started by a video
- Assuring us that Lois Lerner and the IRS were not intimidating Christian ministries
- Telling Americans, “There’s not even a smidgen of corruption at the IRS.”
- Communicating that there are no taxpayer-funded abortions
- Commenting regarding the legalizing of marijuana – “I don’t think it’s more harmful than alcohol.”
- Assuring us that illegal immigrants from Central America would not be able to bring their children into the United States.
- Conveying in the face of savage mass killings, beheadings and rapes carried out by Muslim jihadists: “These are just random acts.”
- Promising that the average family of four will save $2500 a year thru the Affordable Care Act
- Intimating repeatedly that police officers are racists
- After promising to be “the most transparent Administration” yet in reality his is recognized as the most tightly controlling administration by the majority of the Press.
- After pledging to heal political divisions he has been the most divisive president between political parties in generations.
- After vowing to heal racial divisions he has repeatedly injected racism into volatile situations, plus designated the polarizing, Al Sharpton as the White House “Go-to black leader” (“60 Minutes”).
Add to the above short list the aggressive promotion of the LGBTQ agenda by a “Christian”; refusal to enforce federal laws on illegal immigration and marijuana; identifying with the “Hands up! Don’t shoot!” mantra that is a total fabrication – it never happened!
I’ll stop here. I suggest anyone interested simply go to the liberal-leaning PolitiFact which has recorded pages of lies to underscore my point.
“So how is this having an effect on our nation at large?”
A New Strain of AIDS
Starting with the White House and reverberating through Congress, the credibility and trust of leaders in America is at an all time low. I believe we are being infected by a new strain of AIDS – Acquired Integrity Deficiency Syndrome. Symptoms are showing up in not just the government but in the military, schools, media, sports and business.
Lest I be misunderstood, I’m not contending that all responsibility is the President’s alone, yet he carries a major share of the blame because of his prominent and influential role as the leader of our nation.
As a leader goes, so goes the company… family… team… ministry and even the nation. Psalm 133 illustrates this principle when it talks of blessing flowing from the top and cascading downward. It’s why the Psalmist wrote, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. When the wicked rule, the people groan” (Prv.29:2). This is the power of both righteousness as well as unrighteousness.
The fallout from our President’s dishonesty has infiltrated our culture. The Acquired Integrity Deficiency Syndrome is obvious, if you have eyes to see. Here are a few examples.
- NBC’s top news anchorman, Brian Williams, was suspended for six months for lying repeatedly to the American public on nationwide TV.
- Steve Croft, the face of “60 Minutes” and President Obama’s “Go-to interviewer was caught lying to his wife in a 3 year adulterous affair that he admitted when caught.
- The Jackie Robinson West Little League team that won the national championship was stripped of its title because adult organizers lied about compliance with the rules.
- Amidst escalating rates of sexual assault on college campuses, in sports and society, Hollywood marketed a movie on Valentine’s Day weekend as a beautiful romantic “really epic fairy-tale love story” (exact words from the actress). Promoters unashamedly lied to a gullible public as the film is a sadomasochistic, soft core porn film degrading women, promoting deviancy and physical abuse.
- Masses of Millennials bemoaned the upcoming departure of John Stewart from his “Daily Show”, (some compared it to the break up of the Beatles!) saying it was the only news program they watched. Yet Mr. Stewart acknowledges he is not a journalist, but a satirist who brilliantly presents lies, myths and quirky stories as “fake news” and gets away with it because it’s “Comedy Central.”
- In Atlanta, “one of the largest cheating scandals to hit the nation’s public education system” implicated 180 teachers and a Grand jury indicted 35 including the superintendent for, you guessed it, lying to project higher test scores.
- Ellen DeGeneres and Anderson Cooper lampooned me on their shows for my commentary on gay propaganda and the LGBTQ agenda while dishonestly pretending its nonexistence.
The Good News
Proverbs 29:12 tells us, “If a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked.” Author Dorothy Allison stated, “Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies.” Our United States Constitution provides a way to deal with this scenario but it’s predicated upon people awakening and then engaging in the process to see transformation.
Across America a remnant is becoming aware of the realities we’ve covered. They’re discarding “business as usual” spirituality and responding to the call to be informed and involved.
In our city we’ve hosted T.A.G. (The Awareness Group) meetings for eighteen months with an average attendance of about 50-100. Last week God intervened and at the last minute we had to shift locations to accommodate an overflow crowd of 325! God’s people are awakening to our nation’s moral meltdown and saying enough with deception, duplicity and decadence in our beloved United States of America.
Contrary to what some current leaders proclaim, the United States of America was founded upon biblical principles. We were primarily established as a Christian nation with Judeo-Christian foundations. Our Founding Fathers believed in the sinfulness of man and ordained three branches of government as a check and balance plus a way to remove individuals not discharging the duties of their office in an honest and responsible way.
President Obama’s hero, Abraham Lincoln, stated the following: “Let every American, every lover of liberty, every well-wisher to his posterity, swear by the blood of the Revolution, never to violate in the least particular, the laws of the country, and never to tolerate their violation by others.”
Last November there was a clear-cut repudiation of certain politicians and certain policies that awakening Americans recognized as destructive. There was an almost wholesale rejection of much of what has been undermining our nation’s future and our families. Multitudes believe this was only the first shot across the bow.
If you sense in your heart a stirring that God wants His people to humbly arise in this hour to repent, pray and reclaim our godly heritage; if you have a conviction that in upcoming elections we must put men and women of integrity into positions of leadership, then be a “salt” and “light” history maker in America’s Third Great Awakening! “Your troops will be willing on the day of battle” (Psalm 110:3).
Our Founding Father, George Washington, allegedly proclaimed, “I cannot tell a lie” regarding the cherry tree. He also believed, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He chose for His inheritance” (Ps. 33:12).
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse. Read More