Does ‘One Vote’ Really Matter?
(1 min Audio Report – Faith2Action)
Does your vote really matter?
- In 1776, one vote gave America the English language instead of German.
- In 1800, Thomas Jefferson was elected President by one vote.
- One vote gave statehood to Texas (1845), California (1850), Oregon (1859), Washington (1889) and Idaho (1890).
- In 1920, women won the right to vote by passage of the 19th amendment to the Constitution. Tennessee, the last state needed to pass the amendment, ratified it by one vote.
- In 1923, one vote gave Adolph Hitler leadership of the Nazi Party.
- And, in 1960, John F. Kennedy’s margin of victory over Richard Nixon was less than one vote per precinct.
Make sure you cast your one vote!
Top 6 on BarbWire.com